Dumbo Double Dare

 A little more than 24 hours ago registration for the Dumbo Double Dare weekend opened and nearly everything offered for that weekend is sold out. WOW!!

The Disneyland 10K sold out in 55 minutes! And 40 minutes after opening Dumbo Double Dare was 99% full!

I was lucky enough to get in for the Dumbo Double Dare. My trick was using the Active website rather than going through the runDisney site which continued to crash :( 

Starting 3 minutes before 9am PST I continued to refresh the page for registration. About a minute before it was to open I discovered the links for registration were active. If you notice my registration was complete at 9:00:32. Yup I was registered in full for DDD 32 seconds after it opened!!


  I had a blast last year during the Disneyland Half - I ran as the tightrope walker/ballerina from the Haunted Mansion.  (She is my favorite obscure Disney character!)  No worries I'll talk more about that costume in a later blog post. 

Now I'm ready to take on my first challenge! A 10K (which will be my first) and my 7th half marathon. Training should be interesting here in Vegas as it can reach 120 degrees! Clearly it's time to research some gyms :)

The one thing I did not get it to was the Welcome Party. There were two reasons I did not allow myself to register for this: First the time, it meant I would have to take more time off of work and pay for yet another night in a hotel room. Second the price at $89 its expensive for what you get. I'm sure there will be extra magic added as Disney does tend to plus things. But after spending $341 for the Dumbo Double Dare it was hard to justify.  I was one of the lucky ones who attended the first Tink Half meetup back in 2012 and it was amazing. Because of that experience I could justify the $89 just not on the same day as spending $341 ;)

The Welcome Party description from the runDisney site:
Thursday, August 28, 2014
5:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Location: Disney California Adventure® Park - Paradise Pier

Kick off your Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend at the Welcome Event featuring Runner's World. The event will include a Question and Answer session with Runner's World experts as well as early entry into the Official runDisney Merchandise area.

The Welcome Event features:


  • Official Welcome from runDisney
  • Question and Answer Session and Dynamic Warm-up with Runner's World Experts
  • Official Welcome to California with a ride on Soarin' Over California
  • One (1) hour early entry into "Official runDisney Merchandise area" on Thursday, August 28, 2014
  • runDisney bag which includes a runDisney tech shirt and a Runner's World Magazine 

  • Still hoping to be a part of the races? Be sure to check out charity groups, they tend to have availability after the races sell out. (Click on the registration tab, then charity groups to find which charities are participating this year.)

    I'll see you all August 28 - August 31, 2014 -  at the Disneyland Resort!

    Did you register for any of the races offered during the Dumbo Double Dare weekend? 

    2 comments:

    1. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sign up this year because of the increase in price. I just cannot pay that much money to run a half marathon! I thought that $175 was a lot last year but now it's $195! That just seems too much.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I completely understand! I made a point to not look at last year's pricing. It will be interesting to see just how high the prices go before people stop registering.

        Delete