Tinker Bell Half Marathon Medal

Virtual Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Blog Hop Directory
Check out more posts about the runDisney Tinkerbell Half Marathon on the DisTherapy blog (just click on the pic above!)

Let's be real, I run because of the bling! It's big, flashy, colorful and means you worked your butt off to earn it.  

On January 19th I'll be earning my third set of wings. The stunning runDisney medals have become a bit of a status symbol. But rather than keep you waiting.... ladies (& gentlemen) I give you the 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon medal: 


It's been said that on the 5th anniversary of a runDisney event the medal will get a redesign.  Where every year the design and colors of the ribbon change. 
Close up of the Tink 10K & Half ribbons

Below are some of the medals for the upcoming runDisney races in 2014.
(On the far left side is the Tink 10k!!)

The Tinker Bell half marathon medal, like many other runDisney medals, is one of the more original designs - straying away from a circular medal, this design is wings, full on Tink wings. Now my favorite feature of this medal is in the center.  You should notice a small silhouette of Tink with wand in hand and with just a flick Tink can spin around.  Granted she won't take off, but you can spin Tink around resulting in the pixie facing to either the left or right.  It makes for a fun and interactive medal (some other runDisney medals do have moving and spinning elements too!!)

To all of you earning your wings next weekend congratulations! I personally can't wait to add another medal to my collection. Below are my 2012 & 2013 Tinker Bell half marathon medals.





 Are you running at the Tinker Bell half marathon weekend? If so which race & what are you most looking forward to?

10 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see a close up of the 10K medal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm sorry. Wish I had taken a picture of it!! But I did find some close ups on Google :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing the half marathon medal, I'm bummed that I'm only running the 10K! Regardless, my toddler is going to love "his" 10K medal just the same. I heard a rumor that the kids race medal is Nana, which is utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm only a 10k?! That's plenty! Good luck and have fun!! Hope your son enjoys "his" medal ;)

      Delete
  4. I am not and wish I was....its such a cute medal I would LOVE to do this race, but when they move it next year I won't be able to go. Sad for me. The ribbons are really pretty too. Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Julie. The princess medals are beautiful as well, maybe that timing will work for you. runDisney has no bad medal :)

      Delete
  5. Love the medals! I'm so sad that I didn't sign up for the 10K. But I'm looking forward to getting my 3rd pair of wings for the half as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little bummed I didn't sign up for the 10k too. But I'm hoping for a challenge announcement soon :) I'd love 3 for the price of 2!

      Delete
  6. By far my favorite runDisney medal; I love my wings!! Thank you so much for joining the hop Kara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite too!! Thanks so much for having me as a part!

      Delete