Morning Run

This morning I decided to do something different... go for a run in the morning! Crazy talk right?! 

It's starting to heat up here in Vegas & it doesn't cool down much at night. Running when its 90+ degrees outside isn't exactly ideal. 
So I set my alarm for 5:30am & slept in my running clothes. I was worried that if I didn't make it as simple as possible for me I would use that as an excuse to not run. 

Thankfully it was exactly what I needed to get going in the morning, roll out of bed, hair up, shoes on, half of a GU packet, music on & I was out the door :)

The run this morning was a little slow - pretty sure I wasn't completely awake. My walk breaks were more like strolls, but I got out there & did it!


I had the streets mostly to myself, it was perfect - a slight breeze & I got to catch the last bit of the sunrise. 

Sure my run wasn't perfect, but this was my first early morning run in YEARS! Aside from the usual 3am runDisney wakeups ;) I can honestly say I enjoyed it. Here's hoping I have plenty of energy to get me through work & my AOII sister sushi date tonight.

Did you ever try something new with your training program? Were you surprised by the outcome?

2 comments:

  1. I keep saying I am going to set my alarm for 6am to do yoga and it never happens. Heck I couldn't even manage to do yoga in the middle of my day on my "off" time. I wish you live on my side of town to pull me out of bed to run with you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I can start calling you when I wake up for my early morning runs :)

      Delete