Vegas Fun & Life

Can you believe it's June!?!? Where has the year gone! Sorry to be missing for so long - life has gotten the best of me, keeping me busy all the dang time. 

So let's get reacquainted shall we? I'll catch you up a bit with what's been going on...

I got the chance to participate in my sorority's alumnae ritual. I love being a sorority woman & participating in ritual, it brings me back to why I joined Alpha Omicron Pi. During that meeting I became the Las Vegas alum chapter's president - meaning the next couple years will be full of AOII. I'm so honored to hold this position & can't wait for next weekend - I'm headed to Tennessee, home of AOII headquarters for Leadership Institute!
Yes we still wear whites to ritual!
I FINALLY got to do a painting class, we painted the Las Vegas skyline. It was really fun & I would absolutely do it again.


Speaking of the Vegas skyline - it has recently changed! The High Roller (like the London Eye) opened up just a couple months ago. But the big draw for me is all the new shops & restaurants in the shopping area (called The Linq). Thankfully a girlfriend was just as interested as me... & we made an evening of it. We had cocktails, dinner & CUPCAKES!!
Cupcake ATM
  Yes that's right Sprinkles Cupcakes has come to Vegas. The line was long & we were running late to see a play at The Smith Center... sooo we used the cupcake atm! The cupcakes were really good. I can't wait for the chance to have more. 

High Roller, cupcakes & The Smith Center
After cupcakes at The Linq we were off to The Smith Center, a stunning & fairly new performance arts center in downtown Las Vegas. We saw The Tempest, it debuted here in Vegas & is currently playing in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I LOVED it, then again I was the kid who watched A Midsummer Night's Dream, went to Shakespeare Festivals & saw A Winter's Tale at Shakespeare's Globe Theater in London. So yea I kinda like Shakespeare performances.

I had the great pleasure of spending a weekend visiting family in California. During that trip I got to see my cousin's ballet recital & see Maleficent at the historic El Capitan Theater. I LOVED Maleficent, if you happen to live in California & have the chance to see it at the El Capitan I highly recommend it.  There is a wonderful display of props & costumes from the film (well worth the ticket price in my opinion).

Photo op at El Capitan
And in case you've been living under a rock - runDisney announced another new race - a Star Wars Half Marathon!!! And yes it's in California. Now I like Star Wars, I'm not a huge fan but with it being only 4 hours away & the inaugural year I HAD to register.

So who will be letting the wookie win in January 2015 with me??

Oh & final thing... I've been working on a blog redesign. So if you happen to read my fab blog in a blog reader I'd be oh so very thrilled if you would check out the actual blog site. Ya know click a few tabs, visit a couple links, basically just be in awe of how cute my blog is ;)

I promise promise promise race racaps are coming! I owe you all two recaps & the final post on my Random Acts of Kindness trip - it's all coming :)

Now off to work I go! Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment