Rock'n'Roll Virtual 5k

As part of my 14 in 2014 plan I decided I would allow myself one or two virtual races. While I'm not a big fan of virtual races (only because I ALWAYS run on my own & I love going to races to meet other runners) I knew that due to availability of myself or of races & finances that a virtual race or two could work out for me. 

 So I took the leap & signed up for the Rock'n'Roll Las Vegas virtual 5k. First things first it was FREE, if you signed up soon enough you would get a free shirt & a virtual medal. Why not?!?

To celebrate the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon & 1/2 Marathon weekend, the fab people over at Rock 'n' Roll decided to have a virtual & satellite 5k!

Sign up was easy & the emails kept coming to keep you informed. 
 


Then if you were one of the first couple hundred to sign up for the 5k you got a tshirt!  Which YAY I was!!
I used the 5k as one of my weekend training runs, it was nice & easy (until my Garmin punked out on me!) So I took some pictures & emailed them off to the Rock'n'Roll people then got an email with this little beauty:

Too fun! For a free event it was GREAT! There were plenty of emails keeping you informed & a few short weeks later I received my t-shirt. Super easy. This was such a positive experience I'm very open to trying out more virtual races.

Have you ever done a virtual race before?


No comments:

Post a Comment