Dumbo Double Dare 10k

With Friday being a FAR too eventful day for me it was an early evening! I was exhausted on Friday night & wasn't 100% sure I would have the energy to participate in either the 10k or half.

Thankfully Saturday morning came & I felt good, cramping was very minimal & it seemed as though I would be OKAY to run the 10k.

So I got dressed...
All Dolled Up As Bo Peep from Toy Story

...we took the bus & walked through the promenade between Disneyland & DCA...
...soon we were at the start!!
I found my dear friend, Ivie, who had been a major beacon of strength for me after finding out about the miscarriage. Ivie & her boyfriend AJ allowed me to tag along for the race, they were my biggest support during the race.
 
We didn't take a ton of pictures because it was almost time for the race to start!
In the corrals...
and soon we were off & quickly found Mile 1...
and mile 2(I loved that the mile markers where Stitch theme).
Shortly after we found ourselves in the park...
and of course we took...
ALL THE PICTURES!!!
I mean why not?!?
Clearly the pro photos are a little better, but I'm too cheap, so screen shots will have to do ;)
I was excited to find Elvis (ya know living in Vegas & all)
AJ & Ivie with Elvis!
And SOON we were on the carousel!! I honestly don't know how it happened but when we were passing a cast member suddenly opened the gate letting people in!
So we took a little break...
 
and waved to all the runners passing us...
And of course took more pictures!
Then I found a fellow toy from Andy's Room!
And stopped to enjoy the World of Color...
suddenly we were at mile 3!
Tiki Elvis!
Shortly after mile 3 we were leaving California Adventure & heading into Disneyland!
A little run up Main Street USA...
...lead us to the castle
Flounder & Sebastian stopped for a pic!
 Suddenly we were in Tomorrowland & at mile 4! (Clearly we were having fun!)
I took a fun selfie by Small World...
And snuck a quick photo of Chip & Dale...
...found a monorail!
Saw a couple floats backstage...
(I LOVE this Mary Poppins float!)
Took another selfie, but this time in Toon Town...
...Ivie took a hysterical picture...
and I snapped a pic of an empty Toon Town...
Then we were to mile 5!!
Shortly after that we were at the castle...
... and I took an awkward photo...
...then we were to Downtown Disney & I found hubs...
...then it was nearly the end!!!
 
Still looking happy :)
Almost to the finish!
Clearly I had my game face on...
...and a selfie as soon as I finished...

 Then I found AJ & Ivie for a finishers photo!

My finishing time for the 10k was 1:52! Ha! Certainly not fast by any means, but I'll take it!**
We chatted a bit & of course took more photos!
We said our goodbyes & headed back to our hotel rooms...
I iced my feet & legs to stay fresh & enjoyed a chocolate milk...
Soon hubs & I were off to one of my favorite restaurants on property.
Stopped by the Disneyland Hotel pool to say hi to a sorority sister!
Then we were off to shop the expo!!
Sean Astin was the guest speaker right when we walked in.
I had to take a picture of this sign, it felt like it was there just for me.
I took advantage of the photo stop at the expo (LOVE all the tiki stuff!)
Stopped by the Celebration Health booth for a free pic & did a little more shopping.
After the expo we headed to Downtown Disney to do some more shopping.
Then it was back to the hotel room to check out all I bought.
I figured I would splurge on the Dumbo Double Dare jacket. I got a pin commemorating the weekend, a Vinylmation medal, bought my first pair of Pro Compression socks & another pair of Sparkle Athletic Shwings :)
My hips were a little achy, so I iced them & enjoyed my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year.

Hubs & I took the rest of the day easy, napping & relaxing.
Soon it was time to grab some dinner. Thankfully I was able to grab us an early reservation at Storyteller's Cafe...
I had a veggie ravioli, it was good but not quite what I was looking for. I think next time we will reserve Storyteller's for non race meal so I can eat all the soup & other delicious foods.

After dinner we walked back to the hotel & headed to bed to rest & prepare for the half marathon the next morning!

The 10k in my opinion was great, granted I had never done a runDisney 10k before. I heard rumors that there was an Elvis Stitch that was out, but we never saw him. I wish there had been more characters out to take pictures with because a regular Elvis didn't really "fill" my character race quota. But running with AJ & Ivie was fantastic & we made the most of the race. I mean riding the King Triton's carousel during the race? I've only heard of people riding Expedition Everest during the Disney World Marathon so this was a big thrill for me! Plus having the miscarriage the day before the race I was just thrilled to cross that finish line! 

If it works out for me in the future (and that the prices don't get TOO high) I would absolutely do another runDisney 10k!

Did you run the Disneyland 10k? What did you think about it?



**In regards to having a miscarriage & then running, my doctor didn't completely clear me for running. He told me to rest & listen to my body, to not push it. So I did exactly that. Please note  I would NEVER recommend that ANYONE run 19.3 miles after a major medical issue. However I knew what I could handle & I did listen to my body. I am VERY proud of myself for running on both Saturday & Sunday & I would do it all over again. Feel free to read this post that explains more of what I experienced during the miscarriage & the following days. I do not mean to offend anyone in any way, this is my story & I have decided to share it. I personally have gained alot from reading other blogs about miscarriage & troubling times & if my story helps just one more woman, well then I am VERY happy to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment