Surviving 2014 & 14 races in 2014

Can you believe that 2014 is over in just a few hours?!?! I personally will greet 2015 with open arms. To say it simply 2014 was a YEAR! A year of growth, change, troubling times & lessons. I learned a lot about myself, I faced challenges I never thought I would experience. But you want to know something? It's okay, I not only survived this year but I dare say I thrived. 

Perhaps me running 14 races in 2014 was God's plan to ensure I could get through a miscarriage & divorce this year. He knew I would need the motivation to keep moving forward.

And I did :) 

In celebration of my 14 races in 2014 I decided to make a shirt. I LOVE long sleeve shirts. To me nothing is better than a long sleeve shirt & shorts. Just one of my many quirks.
 After doing some research I settled on UberPrints! It was one of the places where I could get the color shirt I wanted for a reasonable price & only have to buy ONE shirt. The shirt arrived very quickly & it's SOO comfy. {& no UberPrints doesn't know I exist aside from my order, but I LOVE the shirt & their customer service so why not give a shout out when you find a good company?!} I've already worn the shirt a couple times & I will continue to rock it for as long as it holds up.

I also decided to create a collage from my races - I wore a Sparkle Athletic skirt for every single race. It was  fun to get crafty with each race outfit.
WHOLE LOTTA KARA!!!

So here's the skirt tally for 2014:
 Royal Blue - 1
White - 4
Gunmetal - 3
Pink - 1
Gold Dots - 1
Yellow - 1
Royal Blue with Stars - 1
Green - 1
Black - 1
Brown - 1
Rainbow -  1
Clearly I get the most use out of my white skirt!

I completed:
Seven 5ks
Four 10k
3 Half Marathons
Totaling 85.4 race miles 

So now that 2015 is nearly here, what are my plans? Well my blog will turn 1 year old!! I'm hoping to do something fun for that :) So stay tuned. I'll be moving back home to Michigan in January. Life will change more but I'm ready to be back & near my family & childhood friends & to experience the four seasons. I'll also be celebrating my golden birthday this year, turning 29 on the 29th!  I will NOT be running 15 races in 2015. Instead I'm going to focus on my half marathon times & maybe look into marathon or triathlon training. But most importantly I'm not going to plan a whole lot for 2015, I'm just going to live. I think that is the biggest lesson I have from 2014, I planned my life, but life had other plans.

That's all for now, I promise to post the rest of my 2014 race recaps during January to get caught up. Also keep your eyes peeled for me at the Star Wars Half next month in Disneyland.

I hope you had a wonderful 2014. But more importantly I pray that 2015 holds wonders & dreams & exciting things for you.



1 comment: